POCO F1 is the latest flagship device launched by the Xiaomi India. In the first sale of the mobile company made the sale of over worth Rs. 200 crore in just 5 minutes. The phone has great features in this price segment and people are loving it. Here in this article, we will be discussing how to Unlock Bootloader on POCO F1 Phone.
To unlock the bootloader on POCO F1 you need to have MI Account and MI Unlock Tool which will help you in unlocking the bootloader of the device. There are various guides on the Internet which claims to unlock the bootloader instantly but these are not proper ways to unlock the bootloader and can harm your device.
So, here in this article, we are going to share step by step legal guide to unlock the bootloader. If you are having an old account of MI then there are chances that you may unlock the bootloader early. But, if you create a new MI account to unlock the bootloader then it may take time longer than usual.
I tried with my 3-year-old MI account and surprisingly I unlocked the Bootloader in just 5 minutes. So, there is no specific timing for all users to unlock the bootloader it may vary for everyone. Once you have unlocked the bootloader of your device then you can install the TWRP successfully on your mobile phone.
Unlock Bootloader of POCO F1 Phone
Before unlocking the Bootloader keep in mind that unlocking the Bootloader would not void the warranty of your phone but if you root your mobile phone then it may void the warranty of your mobile phone. We recommend you to take the full backup of your data before proceeding for unlocking of the bootloader. Because you may lose your data while unlocking the bootloader.
You May Also Like: Download MIUI 10 Ringtones for any Android Device.
How to Unlock Bootloader of MI Mobiles?
Follow the below-mentioned steps one by one to unlock the bootloader successfully. If you are having any trouble then you can Contact Us or leave a comment below with the error code.
- The very first thing here you need to do is Enable OEM Unlocking of your mobile phone. Go to Settings of your phone then About Phone and now tap on the MIUI version multiple times until you enable the Developer Options.
- Once you have enabled the Developer Options to go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In the developer options, you will find an option to enable OEM UNLOCKING. Tap on it.
- Once you have done that after that you need to Turn On, Find My Device.
- For doing this open your MI Account in MI Cloud of your phone and enable the Find My Device option.
- Now you have to check whether your phone’s online or not in the MI Cloud, for doing this visit i.mi.com and log in to the same account which is logged in on phone and tap on Find My Device.
- Now it would locate your phone and make sure that the details shared there to match to your device.
- Now you are ready to unlock the bootloader of your phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader of POCO F1?
- At first, open this page http://en.miui.com/unlock and download the MI Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Once you have installed the MI Unlock Tool then boot your phone in fastboot mode.
- After booting in fastboot mode connect your mobile phone via cable to your PC.
- Run MI Unlock Tool on PC and Login with your MI Id on the unlock tool.
- After that click on Unlock Phone and the unlock process will be done shortly.
- Sometimes you would not be able to unlock
Why did Xiaomi Lock the Bootloader?
Many people wanted to know that why did Xiaomi locked the bootloader for their devices and there were many rumors also behind this but the truth is that there were some people who were buying and selling MI Phones from unofficial sources. Then some people complained that they received the fake MI phones with unofficial ROM’s and bloatware.
That’s why Xiaomi locked the bootloader for their devices so that people cannot install the fake ROM’s easily. And the second reason was that in case if someone lost his/her mobile phone then the person who found it could easily flash a new ROM and the owner would not know about the mobile phone. This was also a reason for locking the bootloader.
SUMMING IT UP:
I hope you enjoyed the article and have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your POCO F1 device. If you are having any trouble in unlocking bootloader or have any query related to bootloader then you can leave a comment below. We would be happy to assist your query.
If this article has helped you in unlocking the bootloader then please do not forget to share it among your friends and on social media. Keep visiting us for more Tech updates.